When you listen to “The Voice of Meditation,” you participate in a greater Universal Reality for the betterment of yourself. The Meditations are a timeless teaching that connects people to their Real Soul, Self, God Presence. We include here the instructions that Dr. Masters wrote for his students.
Before playing each day’s CD/download, you should prepare your mind and body by doing the following:
- Sit in a room where the temperature is about 72 degrees. Cooler will not allow your mind to access higher consciousness due to an interfering chill in the air. Warmer could put you to sleep.
- Sit with your spine straight, in a chair that is comfortable, but not too comfortable as to put you to sleep.
- Have both feet either flat on the floor or your ankles crossed, whichever is most comfortable to you.
- Sit at a table or a desk with a candle just a few inches from your face, preferably at a height on a direct line with your eyes.
- Gaze at the candle flame for approximately 3-5 minutes and then close your eyes after 3-5 minutes. In the interior region of your forehead you should have an afterimage of the candle flame. Use this as an inner fixation point to concentrate your mind inward.
- Inwardly gaze at the afterimage until it fades entirely from view. During the time that you are gazing at the candle flame or the afterimage, have high quality incense burning no more than a foot from you. Rose or sandalwood is preferable. The burning incense will tend to tranquilize your mind, making it more conducive and opening to the experiences of higher consciousness.
- As soon as the after-image fades from view in your third eye area, begin playing the tape for the day’s meditation.
- The only exception would be if you begin to see activity in your third eye before the 3-5 minutes have passed. In that case, stay with what you are experiencing until it’s no longer present and then turn on the tape for the day.
Every meditation is 20-25 minutes in length. At any time during the playing of the CD/download, should activity begin in your third eye, focus in on the activity rather than continuing listening to the audio. Remember, the purpose is to get you to a point of consciousness in your mind where you experience higher consciousness. So if an experience begins, get involved in the experience. Most experiences of higher consciousness are very brief—in most instances, only a few seconds, while in some, only a second or two. It is not the duration in time of what you experience that’s important, rather it is the impact on your consciousness to make you more spiritually aware of your own inner divine nature (or, you could say, more spiritually aware of the Kingdom of God and Heaven within you in the higher consciousness of your own mind).