Eliminating Self-Destructiveness: Over the course of his lifetime of service, Dr. Masters presented a large number of inspirational lectures during his Sunday services. Almost all of them began with a meditation or healing treatment, after which he presented a teaching that included a set of affirmation statements.
In this lecture, Dr. Masters states that the greatest obstacle to your success, health, and happiness is the ego part of your mind, which is self-destructive. But through the Christ part of your mind—one with God—you can be divinely guided as to what must be eliminated and healed . . . whether it is a sense of guilt, victimhood, or unworthiness.
Affirmations for “Eliminating Self-Destructiveness” are:
- Recognition: I recognize that the greatest obstacle to success, health, and happiness in my life is the personal ego part of my mind, from which self-destructiveness originates.
- Subconscious Influence: I recognize that negative karma, trauma, and self-deflating experiences stored as memories in my subconscious mind stimulate self-destructive thinking or actions, and must be eliminated.
- Why: I am divinely guided through the Christ part of my mind—one with God—as to specific subconscious, self-destructive stimulating experiences that must be eliminated.
- Guilt: I acknowledge at all levels of my mind that God forgives me for any time I have erred, and that I don’t have to destroy my life in order to make amends.
- Worthiness: Through the power of the Christ part of my mind—one with God—I eliminate any and all sense of unworthiness from all levels of my mind that could be causing self-destructiveness.
- Family History: God’s Presence within me, working through the Christ part of my mind, heals any family karma consciousness in all levels of my mind that could stimulate self-destructiveness.
- Victimhood: Through the God Power within me, working through my Christ Mind, I eliminate all sense of victimhood in all areas of my life and declare myself a God-created victor.
- Escapism: I find the answers I need in God’s Presence, and therefore need not escape into self-destructive escapisms, which only prolong my achieving success and happiness in life.
- Others: Through the God Presence within me, I have the power to not succumb to being a part of the self-destructive behavior of others whose paths cross mine.
- Non-Defeatist: Through the Christ-Mind God Power within me, my attitude is at all times non-defeatist.
- Meditation: Through my daily practice of meditation, whatever is necessary for eliminating self-destructiveness surfaces to my conscious mind’s awareness, while being internally healed by God’s Presence within me.
To see a complete list of all of Dr. Masters’ Inspirational Lectures, click here.
For more information about the University of Metaphysics and our metaphysical degree programs, click here.