Illusions and Realities of Life: Over the course of his lifetime of service, Dr. Masters presented a large number of inspirational lectures during his Sunday services. Almost all of them began with a meditation or healing treatment, after which he presented a teaching that included a set of affirmation statements.
In this lecture, Dr. Masters reveals that what your ego sees in the physical world is an illusion. What it sees as bad may be something good. What it sees as many separate lives is really the One Life of God manifesting as us all. And what it sees as love may really be need and lust. Only the God part of your mind sees the true reality.
Affirmations for “Illusions and Realities of Life” are:
- Appearances: My personal ego intellectual mind may only be able to see the sensory illusion of something in the physical world, while the Christ Mind part of my consciousness—one with God’s Presence within me—can see beyond any physical appearances to the reality of what really is.
- Good and Bad: What may appear as bad to begin with may only be an illusion, blocking out the reality of good that will come about as a result.
- Short and Long Term: On a short-term basis, anything may give an illusion of good or bad, while the reality of whether it is ultimately good or bad can only be known on a long-term basis.
- One Life: The physical life appearance/illusion is that there are many lives on this planet, while the reality is that there is ultimately only One Life in the entire universe—that of God.
- Existence: The illusion is that only this one lifetime exists for humans, while the reality is that everyone is inseparable from eternity, or God’s Presence, and therefore lives on eternally.
- Personal Ego Intellectual Identity: The illusion is that every human being seems to be a separate entity, while the reality is that only God’s Life exists—hidden within—and manifests in the illusion of separate existences or humans.
- Love, or…? The illusion is that love might exist between two people, but the reality is that need and lust are posing as love, unless the Love of the One Life of God flows between those two people.
- Aloneness: The illusion is that you are alone unless you are with another person, while the reality is that you are always in the companionship of the Only Presence that really exists—God’s Life within and as a part of you.
- Karma: The illusion is that one can escape the results of negative actions, or fail to reap the rewards of positive actions, while the reality is that it is only a matter of time when the karmic result materializes.
- Spirituality: The illusion is that a person grows spiritually, while the reality is that they reawaken to what they already are, at whatever level of spirituality that might be.
- True Wealth: Wealth is not the illusion of what is contained in one’s purse or wallet, but in warmth, joy, and love of the spiritual heart that is shared with God’s Presence.
To see a complete list of all of Dr. Masters’ Inspirational Lectures, click here.
For more information about the University of Metaphysics and our metaphysical degree programs, click here.