Secret Teachings of Christ, Part 1: There is both an outer and an inner—or secret—meaning to the teachings of Christ. The reason for that is this: Even though some people are awakened enough to comprehend the inner truths, other people—particularly those in the more materialistic, physically-oriented Western culture—are not. For them, the more abstract inner truths must be cloaked in symbolism. While they can readily accept the focus of outer teachings, such as teachings about the personage of Jesus, they are not open to the deeper inner teachings, such as the one that centers on the mind that was in Christ Jesus and is in everyone—the Christ Mind. These are the teachings that were given only to the disciples, who had reached a certain level of spiritual awakening enabling them to more readily comprehend the teachings.
In this lecture, Dr. Masters focuses specifically on the Christ Mind, which is the point of contact between one’s human existence and God. Through meditation, one’s consciousness can open to Christ Mind awareness, and thus the influence and guidance of God.
Affirmations for this lecture by Dr. Paul Leon Masters:
- Inner/Outer: I understand that there is an outer and inner teaching of Christ, and it is up to the spiritual awareness of each soul to choose which.
- Outer: I understand that the outer teaching of Christ focuses more on human identification, or the personage of Jesus, and is thus more readily acceptable by the greater masses of people.
- Inner: I understand that the inner teaching of Christ centers on the Christ Mind.
- Christ Consciousness: I understand that the Christ part of Consciousness cannot be comprehended until awareness in a soul has reawakened to a greater state of oneness between itself and the Creating Spirit, or God.
- Christ Mind: I understand that the Christ Mind is part of the consciousness of myself and everyone – whether they are conscious of it or not – and is a part of the mind where individual identity is sublimated into Christ Light Oneness with Spirit, or God.
- Christ Mind Consciousness: I understand that I may live my daily life under the influence of the Christ part of my mind, which acts as a bridge or contact point between my individual human existence and God.
- Christ Mind Influence: I understand that through the Christ part of my mind, God guides and directs me in all major concerns of my human life, including health, love, income, peace, fulfillment, lasting happiness, and eternal life.
- Meditation: I understand that through my daily practice of meditation, my consciousness opens to Christ Mind awareness and, thus, the influence of God, who knows exactly what I have need of before I ask.
- Choice: I understand that the choice is mine, to either stay with the outer teaching or pursue the inner Truth.
For more information about the University of Metaphysics and our metaphysical degree programs, click here.
To see a complete list of all of Dr. Masters’ Inspirational Lecture videos, click here.