Welcome to the Practice of
Higher Consciousness Meditation
This is Dr. Masters, welcoming you to the practice of higher consciousness meditation. The Higher Consciousness Meditation CDs/downloads are as a result of research into the nature and dynamics of consciousness that I began in 1959 when Dr. Masters founded the Institute of Parapsychology in Los Angeles, CA., also founder of University of Metaphysics and University of Sedona
Goals and Purpose of Meditation
The purpose of the Institute was to explore consciousness primarily through the use of deeper forms of Eastern meditation together with experimental uses of both hetero and self-hypnosis. The work of the Institute consisted of taking ordinary, ever day people through higher states of consciousness or the exploration psychologically of their greater unconscious. The results proved startling.
Based on Research
People without any fanatical religious belief systems were experiencing higher states of consciousness filled with pictorial images of a definite spiritual nature. It became apparent where mystics down through the ages who had had mystical spiritual experiences had drawn from. Indeed, from a kingdom of higher heavenly consciousness within the deeper levels of their unconscious minds. Such experiences are the experiences of higher consciousness.
During the period of experimentation at the Institute, I began to notice something that stimulated such higher states of consciousness. That is whenever I personally conducted a guided meditation, whether in a group or one-to-one, that the participants were having much better results in their experiencing. Over a period of time it became apparent to me that as a result of my own personal meditations, where I entered into higher states of consciousness, that higher consciousness energy was transferred through the tonal energies of my voice stimulating higher energies in the unconscious of participants. After a while I began sending participants home with tape recordings made while they were physically present. The results were basically the same as the stimulation on the tape, as well as in person, produced higher states of consciousness.
Using Your Higher Consciousness Meditation CDs/Downloads
Over a period of 40 years I conducted many different types of meditations based on many different truths gleaned from higher consciousness meditations. These various truths of higher consciousness appear now in the different titles of each of the 31-meditation set that you’ve acquired. The 31 recordings are to be used for every day of the month. Play a different one daily. If you have a month shorter than 31 days, go on to the next one – keep the order going. The meditations are intended to be used every day of your life to have you experience higher states of consciousness to some degree on a daily basis. As a result of daily use you should be calmer, more spiritually centered, intuitive, creative, loving and successful as a person.
Experiences During Your CD/Download Playing
The actual experiences of higher consciousness take place when your mind becomes extrasensory sensitive during the playing of the CDs/downloads. The interior region of your forehead, commonly referred to as your third eye, becomes an interior viewing screen where you begin to see pictorial views of higher spiritual consciousness. This may begin as colors and then grow to religious symbols, saintly looking beings, scenes from other dimensions and other things that can only be described as higher consciousness.
Oftentimes as you experience, you’ll also feel energy changes in your body as you react to the energies that you are experiencing in image form. As your practice of meditation advances, the viewing screen can expand from the interior of your forehead all the way down to the reproductive area of your body. It is as if the upper half of your body has become an interior viewing screen.
Before and During Meditation
Before playing each day’s CD/download, you should prepare your mind and body by doing the following:
- Sit in a room where the temperature is about 72 degrees. Cooler will not allow your mind to access higher consciousness due to an interfering chill in the air. Warmer could put you to sleep.
- Sit with your spine straight, in a chair which is comfortable, but not too comfortable as to put you to sleep.
- Have both feet either flat on the floor or your ankles crossed, whichever is most comfortable to you.
- Sit at a table or a desk with a candle just a few inches from your face, preferably at a height on a direct line with your eyes.
- Gaze at the candle flame for approximately 3-5 minutes then close your eyes after 3-5 minutes. In the interior region of your forehead you should have an afterimage of the candle flame. Use this as an inner fixation point to concentrate your mind inward.
- Inwardly gaze at the afterimage until it fades entirely from view. During the time that you are gazing at the candle flame or the afterimage, have a high quality incense burning no more than a foot from you. Rose or sandalwood is preferable. The burning incense will tend to tranquilize your mind, making it more conducive and opening to the experiences of higher consciousness.
- As soon as the afterimage fades from view in your third eye area, begin playing the tape for the day’s meditation.
- The only exception would be if you begin to see activity in your third eye before the 3-5 minutes have passed. In this case, stay with what you are experiencing until it’s no longer present and then turn on the tape for the day.
Every meditation is 20-25 minutes in length. At any time during the playing of the CD/download should activity begin in your third eye, focus in on the activity rather than continuing listening to the audio. Remember, the purpose is to get you to a point of consciousness in your mind where you experience higher consciousness. So if an experience begins, get involved in the experience. Most experiences of higher consciousness are very brief. In most instances, only a few seconds; in some, only a second or two. It is not the duration in time of what you experience that’s important, rather it is the impact on your consciousness to make you more spiritually aware of your own inner divine nature. Or, the Kingdom of God and Heaven within you in the higher consciousness of your own mind.
Benefits of Meditation in Your Daily Life
Of special note: please let me emphasize that if you do not experience higher consciousness images in your third eye, you’ll still be receiving the benefits of higher consciousness in the following ways:
- A calmer, more peaceful state of mind as you go through your day.
- Through inner calm, a mind that more clearly sees what to do decision wise.
- More creative ideas that you can use to improve your occupation, career and income.
- Being more loving and attracting love or keeping love attraction that already exists.
- Helping to maintain good health or to aid in the healing of what needs to be healed physically and/or emotionally.
- Looking better, more attractive, as the inner beauty of higher consciousness shows and shines through.
These are just a few of the major benefits that can be yours as you enter into higher consciousness by the daily playing of the CD/download for the day. Most important is to be certain to play a different one every day. Also important, I’d like to hear from you about your experiences in higher consciousness, such as visual images of a spiritual nature. And I’d like to hear from you about ways that you feel playing the CD/download daily is improving your life. Contact us. And finally, may you be blessed by God’s higher consciousness, now and always.
-Dr. Paul Leon Masters