Getting Out of Your Own Way in Life: Over the course of his lifetime of service, Dr. Masters presented a large number of inspirational lectures during his Sunday services. Almost all of them began with a meditation or healing treatment, after which he presented a teaching that included a set of affirmation statements.
In this lecture, Dr. Masters brings up the fact that when you attempt to do something, part of you usually gets in the way. That part is the personal ego, which has many negative traits. Daily meditation helps you get out of your own way in life by establishing a oneness with God’s Presence, and endowing you with God’s attributes of Wisdom, Creativity, and Love.
Affirmations for “Getting Out of Your Own Way in Life” are:
- Who is in the Way? I acknowledge that there is a part of me that steps in front of another part of me when I attempt to do things.
- Personal Sense of Self: I understand that the part of me that gets in the way is an illusionary sense of personal selfhood, created by input from my external environmental experiences over a period of time.
- Personal Self Attributes: I understand that what gets in my way are one or more attributes of my outwardly conditioned personal self, which include, but are not limited to, the obstructive negative traits of fear, awkwardness, shyness, poor self-image, lack of self-esteem, past so-called failures, self-pity, victim hood, jealousy, hate, and guilt.
- Universal Identity: I acknowledge that within me the “Real I” of me exists in universal oneness with God’s Presence at the center of my mind.
- Release: I release all darkened, negative thought-energy traits of my illusionary personal self to the Healing Light of God’s Presence within me, to be sublimated and neutralized into Light.
- Visualization: I visualize or imagine that my personal illusionary self—like a gray shadow—disengages from my physical body, leaving my body filled with the Light of God’s Presence.
- Meditation: Through my daily practice of meditation, I more completely establish and maintain a oneness or Christ-like state of identification with God’s Presence within me, providing a clearer pathway to my goals, free of having an illusionary self get in my way.
- Traits and Attributes of my Universal God Selfhood: In oneness with God within myself, as my real Christed Identity I pass through the illusions of personal selfhood via the power of God’s attributes of Eternal Wisdom, Will, Creativity, Healing, and Love.
To see a complete list of all of Dr. Masters’ Inspirational Lectures, click here.
For more information about the University of Metaphysics and our metaphysical degree programs, click here.